GREATER OMAHA SPORTS COMMITTEE
Serving the Omaha Sports scene for over 40 Years!
7015 Spring St, Omaha NE, 68106-3518 | 402- 346-8003
The Sports Committee was founded by the late Charlie Mancuso, after he passed – our Father – the late Bob Mancuso, Sr. took the chair. The Committee is now run by his three sons, Bob Jr., Joe and Mike. Bob Mancuso, Jr. is the Chairman and the Non-Profit Organization consists of over 1,000 committee members of Sports minded people who wish to see the Sports in Omaha flourish. The Committee has been involved in many major Sporting activities brought to the city throughout the years. The committee has been involved with and or supportive of The Outland Trophy Award Dinner, Corporate Cycling Challenge, KC Omaha Kings Basketball, Omaha Racers Basketball, Big 8 Volleyball & Softball Championships, Omaha Golden Gloves, Heavyweight Championship Fight between Joe Frazier & Ron Stander, Super Series Baseball Tournaments, High School Regional Legion Baseball Tournaments, Softball State Tournament, Cornhusker State Games, and many more. Many of the area Hotel General Managers and Sales Managers attend to stay involved and promote sports in the Omaha area. The Committee also has a sub committee involved with recognizing the Omaha Area High School Scholar Athletes sponsored by Play Smart. These Athletes are not only honored on their Athletic achievements but also their Scholastic achievements.
Mark Your Calendar For All Of Our Upcoming Events:
Taste of Omaha presented by CoxMay 31st - 2nd, 2019
- Omaha’s Food Lovers Celebrate the Showcase of Great Restaurants and Entertainment.
Nebraska Balloon and Wine FestivalAugust 9-10, 2019
- Order your Nebraska Balloon & Wine Festival Tickets Now!
Corporate Cycling ChallengeAugust 18, 2019
- Ready to help ENTN build and improve bike trails in Omaha? Join Nebraska’s largest one-day bicycling event. Heartland of America Park.
Omaha BikeJune 2, 2019
- The Omaha Bike Ride is a recreational bike ride with 3 routes – a 9 mile, 15 mile, and a 43 mile bike ride to the Taste of Omaha
- The Omaha Biathlon (a timed bike-run event), 5K Run and the Midwest Gran Fondo, a timed bike ride, using the Ft. Atkinson Route.