About the National Football Foundation – Nebraska Chapter
Our mission is to promote and develop the power of amateur football in developing the qualities of leadership, sportsmanship, competitive zeal and the drive for academic excellence in America’s young people.
We will fulfill this mission in the following ways:
- By inspiring young people to excellence: holding up the greatest players and coaches in the history of the game as role models and enshrining them and their achievements in the College Football Hall of Fame.
- By exciting young people, and those who influence them, about the game: in particular, managing the College Football Hall of Fame in such a way as to dramatize the history, exhilaration and value of the game to an ever broadening audience of fans and potential fans.
- By developing, managing and promoting model football programs, which further strengthen the educational and character building qualities of the game.
- By honoring, publicizing and providing financial support to high school and college football players who represent our ideal of the scholar-athlete.
- By continuing a grassroots movement, through local chapters, while involving football fans, coaches, educators, the media and former players in the implementation of the programs, which will fulfill our mission for America
Through this mission, The Foundation serves not only youth, but the nation as well.
Irv Veitzer, Omaha – President
Dean Kratz, Omaha – Vice-President
Guy Ingles, Omaha – Public Relations
Tom Pettigrew, Omaha -Treasurer
Jack Payne, Omaha – Public Relations
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chris Anderson, Lincoln
Dick Beechner, Kearney
Damon Benning, Omaha
Rik Bonness, Omaha
Bill Bryant, Panama
Jack Crowley, Hastings
Dave Karnes, Omaha
Lou Kully, Hastings
Jeff Makovicka, Omaha
Bob Mancuso, Omaha
Jack Payne, Omaha
John Payne, Kearney
Richard Robinson, Norfolk
Kelly Saalfeld, Omaha